by Sonia Hare
- HYDRATE- Water will be your best friend. Not only does the air get drier in the winter, but add all the alcohol and sugar consumed over the holidays and it’s a recipe for headaches and dehydration. Keeping hydrated will help keep cravings at bay and help you recover faster!
- Sugar is not your friend. The holidays can make the most disciplined give in to their sugar cravings. The problem with sugar is that it acts like a drug in our brain, once we have some, we want more, and more, and more. Just know that if you choose to have a piece of pie, your brain is going to signal you to want more but it doesn’t mean you should eat it.
- Move your body as much as you can! Make it fun and include friends or family members. Plan a hike or a walk, or do an online workout class together!
- Are you really hungry or just bored and on vacation and there are cookies everywhere you turn? Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you have to eat it.
- Don’t restrict too much, this can backfire. If you make too many foods “off-limits” you will be more likely to overdo it. Tell yourself you CAN have whatever you want, just watch your portion sizes.
- Fill up on the good stuff! Make sure you eat lots of veggies, healthy proteins, fats, and carbs. This will help to limit the cravings for unhealthy foods and make you feel fuller faster.
- Digestive Bitters are my favorite for helping the body digest heavy holiday meals. I love Urban Moonshine digestive bitters- take one dropper full before a big meal.
- ENJOY YOURSELF!
*Sonia Hare is a certified personal trainer and integrative nutritionist based out of Los Angeles, California. A Vermont native and daughter of fitness entrepreneurs, health and wellness runs in her blood. Through her background in ballet, exercise science, and years of experience studying the body, she has developed efficient and effective techniques that empower clients to reach their goals.
Join her Zoom Class: The Sonia Series every M/W/F @ 9am pst. To contact her, email: Soniagio.firstname.lastname@example.org or check out her website: www.Gio.Fit